Posted on November 13, 2007 by Michell Bak
Here is a picture of the upcoming Diesel “Fifty Five DSL” edition Z320 from Sony Ericsson. It’ll have a special geometrical look, and a grayish color. It looks rather nice, I think, and could be the beginning of a deal between Sony Ericsson and Diesel.
I think this one will be announced some time soon :-)
Filed under: Special edition, Z-series | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 10, 2007 by Michell Bak
Shaliron at Esato forums has just posted information about an upcoming announcement tomorrow with 2 – 4 phones being announced. This is his update:
- Slim clamshell
Will be available in Purple. To be announced on Thursday (tomorrow), the 11th of October.
- The Z350 should be announced tomorrow.
- The W350 should be announced tomorrow. (more info here)
- The W890 will come in ‘Pitch Black’, as seen here. It will be announced tomorrow. (more info here)
Furthermore I am counting on more than phones being announced ;-)
Filed under: Announcement, Rumour, Upcoming, W-series, Walkman, Z-series | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 30, 2007 by Michell Bak
I’m finally back from Prague after 5 lovely days of low prices and bulging meals. But enough about Prague, let’s get back to Sony Ericsson! Here’s a short recap of the week.
Sony Ericsson Z320 and Z750 have both been approved by FCC, and will soon be available. As far as I know Z750 will be available for the American market only, while Z320 will come in both an American version as well as an international version.
Sony Ericsson Developer World has set up a competition to get more tutorials, guides and such in their Wiki. This time you can win a new Sony Ericsson W910 by writing a article about the new JP8 and the JSRs in it. Check the official site for more info.
Pictures of an unknown W880 successor have been on surfacing the web lately. It’s reportedly a 12 mm Walkman phone with a 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus and Walkman Player 3.0. Specification wise it looks a lot like the K770, and makes use of the same, new menu interface. You can find pictures of it here!
The Havanna range of phones, which I did a post about earlier on, has now officially been announced. The same has the V640, which is a non-Walkman branded music phone exclusively for Vodafone with HSDPA.
Last but not least it seems that Sony Ericsson could be working on a new concept, which pretty much is a sliding touchscreen, that can work as both navigation keys and a small / large screen depending on what one uses it for.
Filed under: Announcement, Concept, Developer, FCC, Music, Rumour, W-series, Walkman, Z-series | 2 Comments »
Posted on June 15, 2007 by Michell Bak
Z320 is a clamshell phone for quick snaps. It features a 1.3 megapixels camera, and Sony Ericsson has high expectations for this phone.
– Sony Ericsson is all about offering the right phone for you, whether that’s one that lets you snap quality pictures, listen to favourite songs on the move or just stay in touch, says Miles Flint, President at Sony Ericsson.
– These two camera phones (K850 and Z320) offer the choice between a viable digital camera alternative and a pocket-sized clamshell phone with camera for taking occasional snapshots, he continues.
Z320 comes in two colors; Crimson Red or Atlantic Blue, and it hits the shelves in quarter 3.
Sony Ericsson Z250i is a simple cellphone with a metal-finish. The camera shoots pictures in VGA resolution, and there’s storage for about 200 images on Z250.
The phone weighs 90 grams and measures 85 x 47 x 19,5 millimeters. It has a talktime of 7 hours and a standbytime at 300 hours. The screen is a CSTN-screen with a low resolution at 128 x 160 pixels, and can show up to 65.536 colors. Already, this signifies that it’s going to be very cheap. Possibly around 100 euros.
– We realise that some people need a phone that does just the basics well, yet don’t wish to compromise on style or stand-out good looks. And why should they? The new Z250 sets out to strike this balance, says Howard Lewis, Head of the Entry Level Business Unit at Sony Ericsson.
The phone will hit the market in quarter 3.
Filed under: Announcement, Z-series | Leave a comment »